The coaches in the McGilvra Youth Soccer Club are our most important resource. If you're interested in coaching, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No experience required!!
Role of the Coach
- The primary point of contact between the McGilvra Soccer Club and our players/parents.
- The ones who work with the children - teaching them about soccer, sportsmanship, and making sure they're having a great experience!
- Ambassadors of the McGilvra Soccer Club when our teams play opponents from neighboring communities.
Currently we are facing a shortage in the number of coaches for some age-groups. If you are interested in coaching for the club or if you simply want to know more about what is involved in being a soccer coach, please contact Nick Tchemitcheff at email@example.com
We are offering a $60 refund to parents who volunteer to bee the team's Main coach for the season.
How it works:
- Register your children.
- During registration, select "Coach" in the volunteer field.
- Complete the registration with the full payment.
- When the teams are put together in July, we will issue an automatic $60 refund to the Main coach of each team.
Coaches are required to have an original signed copy of the Authorization to Play and Waiver form for each player at all club related events (practices and games). Also, SYSA provides coaches and parents a wide array of resources and handbooks which will provide all of the information you need. Links to these forms are below.
- Authorization to Play and Waiver Form
- Coaches/Parents Handbooks and general coaches resource guides from SYSA.
McGilvra Youth Soccer Club encourages all Mod coaches to obtain at least a United States Soccer Federation "F" license. Coaches for teams at U11-U14 are suggested to have an "E" license and U15-U19 should have a "D" license. There are numerous coaching clinics available each year, as well as books and videotapes available to help coaches learn the game.
The club will also conducts training sessions during Equipment Day towards the end of August each year.
McGilvra Youth Soccer and the Positive Coaching alliance
McGilvra Youth Soccer and SYSA are proud to partner with the Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA), a nationwide nonprofit that has positive coaching of youth athletes at the core of its mission. With a sports who's who advisory board of professional coaches and athletes, PCA provides its members with a complete package of tools and resources to make players and coaches successful at sports and life. PCA's "Honor the Game" concept gives players, spectators, and coaches a model built on years of experience for creating a competitive but respectful environment. SYSA wants everyone focused on creating a positive space for young players so they thrive, have fun, and perform at their best.
Look for more workshops, resources, and opportunities to get involved in this club-wide effort to make SYSA the best place for kids to play soccer in Seattle and Puget Sound area. We recommend you take a look at the PCA website and to learn more about this great way to work with kids!